Nearing the end of my BA and so many questions!

emmak26

I am sneaking up on graduating with my BA in psychology and am really starting to panic about Grad school! My time in school has been a bit untraditional as I got my AA right out of high school, started on a bachelors program and failed out after a semester because the school and program was such a horrible fit for me and then did a start again, stop again for a few years until most recently when I started at an online university in Jan 2018 and will be finished with my bachelors from there in May 2019. I have maintain a 4.0 since starting and yet, have not connected personally with many of my professors (and by many I mean none). The college I am at like I said is online and it has 8 week courses so hardly enough time to get to know anybody. In addition, I have only had a repeat professor once and it was seven months apart. Given this, I am starting to really worry about letters of recommendation. It does not seem like a good idea or like it will turn out in my favor to ask these people who probably don't even remember my name for a letter of recommendation so I am not sure what to do. I am sure I can ask my supervisor at work for one but will that benefit me given that I don't currently work in my field? If so, that is still only 1 out of at least 3 that I will need. I am also struggling to pick a gradate school at all and am not sure what resources are available to me. I need to do it all online which makes me apprehensive because I still want to get a quality education. Most of the schools that offer the degree I want (A Masters of Arts in Mental Health Counseling) are out of state which then brings up questions about licensure and if the programs requirements fit with my states. I am just not sure where to go with all these questions and my advisor has not been much help on this front. Any advice or help is appreciated!!

I would strongly caution against an online clinical/counseling degree. There is a lot of learning that just can't be done online for this type of degree. The interpersonal skills you hone in collaborating with faculty and fellow students, as well as practicum training is pretty unequal when comparing brick & mortar vs online schools. Online schools are a great option for some disciplines, but mental health isn't really one of them.