ASHA pre-req change

For everyone who has used a class other than physics or chemistry to count as the physical science requirement: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but looks like no one else has posted this yet. I recently received an email from our program director stating the following:

There have been some changes that are going into effect in 2020 for the pre-requisites. I have just been alerted of this information. Please see below:

·  Applicants for the CCC-SLP will be able to apply under the 2014 SLP standards until December 31, 2019.
·  Beginning January 1, 2020, applicants for the CCC-SLP will only be able to apply under the 2020 SLP standards.
2014 Standards
2020 Standards
Standard IV-A: Applicants must have knowledge in physical sciences, which should be acquired through coursework in chemistry or physics.
Standard IV-A: (New Applicants Only) The required knowledge in physical sciences must be acquired through coursework in chemistry or physics.

I thought I was all set because my program was willing to count my astronomy class from a million years ago, but now I have a busier summer ahead of me.
It would have been nice to grandfather in everyone already enrolled in a grad program to not make them take on even more work in grad school.
On the plus side, they still don't have a lab requirement, so that's something.