Significant research project in Phd application

alraun

I am applying to biology phd program, application asks to briefly state the topic of "your most significant research project". I have done research project as a part of master program (so this one is completed). And I am currently working on the project at the university which I am applying to (this one is in progress, worked 3 months on this). So which one of these two should I mention? Number 1 or number 2? What do you think?

Edited by alraun

18 hours ago, alraun said:

I am applying to biology phd program, application asks to briefly state the topic of "your most significant research project". I have done research project as a part of master program (so this one is completed). And I am currently working on the project at the university which I am applying to (this one is in progress, worked 3 months on this). So which one of these two should I mention? Number 1 or number 2? What do you think?

Which do you consider most significant? It's open ended for a reason. Which one taught you more, were you more involved/interested in, shaped your interests more? They don't mean significant as in findings or impact, but significant in terms of your experience. 

Thank you! The answer should be really brief so I hesitated on what to choose and thought that maybe an accomplished project might have higher value.