Jan 2019 Online MSW Applicants Columbia, USC, Simmons

knsf

Has anyone else applied to online MSW programs for January 2019? Any wisdom from current or past applicants on the quality of online MSW programs at Columbia, USC, and Simmons - especially in regards to field placement?

Many thanks for your thoughts!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! Accepted to Columbia and Fordham's online programs for Jan 2019 (as well as UMB in person). Found out Columbia won't allow you to apply for scholarship/financial aid until the fall semester. Wish they were more up front about this. As cost is a significant factor - I'm going with Fordham. Can't commit to 1500/credit at Columbia without knowing if I'll get any scholarship funds (which I would argue is pretty classist on Columbia's part - the only folks who commit to the program without knowing how much it will cost are those for whom money isn't an issue).

I'm also doing the accelerated 16-month program at Fordham so I can get back into the workforce sooner. 

Wondering if any Fordham online MSW students are also based in DC? 

• 1 year later...