Typo in Email to Graduate Coordinator

GradSkewlHopeful

Question

So I am probably over-stressing this, but I recently noticed a typo in an email that I sent to the graduate coordinator of a PhD program I am highly interested in. I've already submitted my application, which I overall feel pretty good about. 

However, in the process of emailing the graduate coordinator about the graduate school's receipt of my official transcripts, I noticed a glaring typo in my most recent email reply. This typo isn't in my SOP or application package itself, but I have heard that admissions committees track all correspondence with the university.

Will my email / typo sent to the program coordinator/administrator likely be noticed by the admissions committee?

Is it worth following up with an email to apologize (I essentially somehow missed a two letter word). 

Does anyone know if admissions committees consider admin-related emails separate from the materials included in the online application during their evaluation?

Having a mini-freak out here and thought I'd reach out to see if anyone has any thoughts or advice!

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

This will not be a factor in your admissions decision. You will be judged by your previous coursework, your writing sample, your SOP and how well of a fit they believe you'd be to the department. They don't have time to analyze every typo every single student has had when corresponding with a school. Likewise, it's highly unlikely that any admissions coordinator would share all her e-mails with the admissions committee. :)

16 minutes ago, Warelin said:

This will not be a factor in your admissions decision. You will be judged by your previous coursework, your writing sample, your SOP and how well of a fit they believe you'd be to the department. They don't have time to analyze every typo every single student has had when corresponding with a school. Likewise, it's highly unlikely that any admissions coordinator would share all her e-mails with the admissions committee. :)

Thank you for the very reassuring response!!