Missing GRE Scores

brainwrangler

I requested GRE score reports several weeks ago; none of the 12 schools I'm applying to have received my reports, although the GRE site claims they were delivered on Nov 23.

I recently legally changed my name, and listed my former name in my application materials when a field was provided. Could this have interfered with matching my GRE score report to my application?

7 minutes ago, brainwrangler said:

I recently legally changed my name, and listed my former name in my application materials when a field was provided. Could this have interfered with matching my GRE score report to my application?

Yes.

Per ETS:
Name changes can be processed upon submission of the appropriate documentation to ETS. If you are sending scores and your name has changed since you took the test, contact GRE Services for assistance.

It's also likely that you can speak to the Graduate School and see if they can find your file with your former name.

My applications go in on Saturday, so it's a little late for that--I've been at conferences and had very limited computer access for a few weeks.

I guess I'll send some panicked last-minute emails to every school's departmental director. Thanks for the quick reply!

55 minutes ago, brainwrangler said:

I guess I'll send some panicked last-minute emails to every school's departmental director. Thanks for the quick reply!

I'd recommend contacting the Grad School Office, not the Graduate Coordinator of the department. It's usually the Grad School which is responsible for passing the information to the department.

Being an international student, my name doesn't always fit naming conventions so there are slight variations to my name on different platforms (more like special characters missing on some). So some grad schools don't match my application to my scores. I knew that cos I applied last year and just waited for them to receive my scores but they didnt and many of my applications probably got tossed out for being incomplete. This year I emailed the schools within 2-5 days (depending on deadlines and what they mentioned in they FAQs) of submitting application if it wasn't matched. Most of them replied within the day or two. Usually if you can prove you sent your scores out early and you didn't mess up the codes (1 school had me send screenshots) I think you'll be fine. They tend to not meet on the deadline day itself so as long as you act quickly you should be able to salvage the situation! all the best!