Multivariate Calc on transcript

bigdata

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is kind of a unique/random question. I recently submitted my stat/biostat PhD applications. As you know, almost all of these programs require multivariate calculus for applicants. While I have taken this course, it appears on my transcript as "Analysis II". I'm slightly worried that my application could be disregarded because the words "Calculus III" or "Multivariate Calculus" don't appear on my transcript, even though, as I said, I have taken the course. Should I email the programs to let them know about this and clear up any potential confusion? Or will they see that I'm a math major and see I have taken upper level math courses  and thus assume that I've met the multivariate prereq?

Sorry if I just sound over-nervous lol and thanks so much in advance!

Since you're a math major, they will almost certainly just assume you know it. I was in the same boat, where my school had multivariate as part of Calc 2.  Only one school ever asked about it, and I just explained that I had it in Calc 2 and it was an easy 5 second conversation. You'll be good, don't worry!