Night Lurkers

MissingVandyCandy

Who here pulled one too many all-nighters in undergrad and now remains in a perpetual state of activity late into the night? Anyone? Anyone? I hope I'm not so pathetic that I'm the only one lurking looking to glean even the most trivial factoid about applications late into the night. If you're awake and equally bored/anxious PM me SWM, 6' 185 dashingly handsome, though fervently opposed to rear entry (see signature)... ok all that was a joke, but if you're on pins and needles looking to commiserate with a fellow applicant say hi.

Ooh, that would be me.. I've recently been able to get to bed around 1:00, the last three weeks of the fall semester I was routinely up until 4 or 5.

Right now I'm drinking wine and writing a paper.. hey, I've already been accepted to a PhD program, I'm allowed to take a few creative liberties!

A Neuroscientist that drinks wine while writing a paper... look Dionysus didn't have the advantage of reading Mark. F Bear's primer on the brain, but you did. What's your excuse for mixing writing and wine - wait as a Hitchensphile I really can't say that can I? Paper on anything interesting? What program are you aiming for? And the number 1 question I ask all neuroscience geeks.... how full of shit is Noam Chomsky?

Hey, I'm an ex-French major, wine is appropriate at any time. The paper's just a one-page deal on a cladogram for my comparative anatomy class.

I still have 3 or 4 interviews to go before I decide, but I'm hoping to get into WashU Med school. Accepted at UC Irvine and almost completely positive I'm also in at UMass Med, notices haven't gone out yet though. How about yourself?

Haha.. my background on Chomsky is limited, I recognized the name but I admit that I actually just Googled him to refresh my rusty ADD memory. I'm a liberal hippie so I would probably like him from what I've read so far, haven't looked much into his psychological stuff.

Classics, very cool. I was a Classics major until my GPA started to sink during that 4th semester of college latin and I realized I still needed grades to apply to grad school. I would def. be interested in hearing more about your areas of interest on a future thread/discussion, but sadly this PhD wannabe has a day job and must get some shut eye. Goodluck, of course let us know if you get any word tomorrow.......