My fall grades have just been released today, but they won't be reflected on my unofficial transcript until mid-January (which is when, I presume, most adcoms are already deep in the midst of the application review process). Thus, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with submitting fall grades. And if so, do you know if unofficial documentation (i.e. screenshots of your results page) will suffice until I'm able to obtain official proof of my results? 

I wouldn't worry about it unless a school specifically makes mention of them being a requirement. Given how much is evaluated throughout the process, it is unlikely that one semester of grades will make or break you.

50 minutes ago, Warelin said:

I wouldn't worry about it unless a school specifically makes mention of them being a requirement. Given how much is evaluated throughout the process, it is unlikely that one semester of grades will make or break you.

The thing is, Princeton does request it (but I'm not sure if it's necessarily a requirement), and there's also a rather conspicuous field in Columbia's application portal for the submission of fall grades, so I don't know if it's a "good to have" for these schools? In any case, thanks for your advice anyway! Perhaps I'll email the coordinators for these particular schools to check if (and how) I should submit my fall grades after the winter break. 

2 minutes ago, flungoutofspace said:

The thing is, Princeton does request it (but I'm not sure if it's necessarily a requirement), and there's also a rather conspicuous field in Columbia's application portal for the submission of fall grades, so I don't know if it's a "good to have" for these schools? In any case, thanks for your advice anyway! Perhaps I'll email the coordinators for these particular schools to check if (and how) I should submit my fall grades after the winter break. 

Princeton is one of the very few schools which does request it.

"If the fall semester grades are not available at the time of application submission, please log back into the application checklist and upload them when they become available.  Screenshots from student portals will not be accepted as a current transcript."

Does your school offer you a chance to download your transcripts? It sounds like what Princeton is requesting in this case. Columbia seems to be relying on a self-reporting system. Reporting your grades might help you. Not reporting your scores won't hurt you. I think the only time it becomes a major concern is if the grades for the semester are a C or Below.

2 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Does your school offer you a chance to download your transcripts? It sounds like what Princeton is requesting in this case. Columbia seems to be relying on a self-reporting system. Reporting your grades might help you. Not reporting your scores won't hurt you. I think the only time it becomes a major concern is if the grades for the semester are a C or Below.

I'll only be able to download my unofficial transcript from mid-January onwards (requesting an official one will take a few more days), so I don't know if the additional information will be of that much use to the adcom then. I might just check in with Princeton's admission's office to see if I'm able to provide them with a cursory note of my new grades first, with the guarantee that official documents are on the way, though it doesn't sound likely that they'll agree to my request based on what's stated on their website... ?