Am I the only one who has applied to one school?

Genia13

Question

I am hoping to attend grad school for Social Work with a concentration in mental health; therefore, I only applied to the University of Illinois because they are, at this point, the only public school that I see offers that curriculum in Illinois. I am looking to stay in Illinois and really interested in a school that has evening courses and flexible hours, and the university has to be public as that is a requirement for me to use my state issued scholarship. Does anyone have recommendations on other schools that are public and in Illinois that have this concentration? 

Also, what are your thoughts on only applying to one school? 

4 answers to this question

On 12/26/2018 at 2:57 PM, Genia13 said:

I am hoping to attend grad school for Social Work with a concentration in mental health; therefore, I only applied to the University of Illinois because they are, at this point, the only public school that I see offers that curriculum in Illinois. I am looking to stay in Illinois and really interested in a school that has evening courses and flexible hours, and the university has to be public as that is a requirement for me to use my state issued scholarship. Does anyone have recommendations on other schools that are public and in Illinois that have this concentration? 

Also, what are your thoughts on only applying to one school? 

I'd generally recommend against applying to only one school because of the extremely low admissions rate.

Southern Illinois University has a mental health concentration. UIC also has a mental health concentration.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:39 PM, Warelin said:

I'd generally recommend against applying to only one school because of the extremely low admissions rate.

Southern Illinois University has a mental health concentration. UIC also has a mental health concentration.

Thanks! I have applied to UIUC. I had no idea that SIU; however, SIU is hours away and I am not interested in relocating at this time.