USC PhD in Urban Education Policy

jharpershub

• 2 weeks later...

It is my top choice though it is very far from home for me. I connected with the program so quickly. I've met Laura Romero (the admissions rep) a few times in person and always found her to be warm and inviting. She singlehandedly convinced me to look into USC. I would love to get in, but also know it comes at a huge sacrifice of leaving my friends and family behind.

6 hours ago, OperationPhDforMe said:

It is my top choice though it is very far from home for me. I connected with the program so quickly. I've met Laura Romero (the admissions rep) a few times in person and always found her to be warm and inviting. She singlehandedly convinced me to look into USC. I would love to get in, but also know it comes at a huge sacrifice of leaving my friends and family behind.

It's become my top choice as well. They seem to be the most responsive during the admissions process and I'm glad that they release decisions fairly early. Do you already have some potential research interests nailed down? 

On 1/11/2019 at 7:39 PM, FutureEdPHD said:

It's become my top choice as well. They seem to be the most responsive during the admissions process and I'm glad that they release decisions fairly early. Do you already have some potential research interests nailed down? 

I am honestly so overwhelmed by the incredible faculty they have that work in such niche areas that I am not totally sure. In my SOP I tried to categorize faculty into 3 main research groups but depending on which faculty they see fit to pair me with during interviews (if I get one) I will make a decision then...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jharpershub said:

Anyone heard any news yet?!

Haven't heard anything yet but anxiously waiting! I'm pretty sure that this is going to be the week though. Hopefully we'll get some news tomorrow! 

2 hours ago, FutureEdPHD said:

Haven't heard anything yet but anxiously waiting! I'm pretty sure that this is going to be the week though. Hopefully we'll get some news tomorrow! 

Hopefully! The only correspondence I got from them was needing more info for financial aid. 

5 minutes ago, jharpershub said:

I did not. How about you?

I did the interview 2 weeks ago with my POI for about 30 mins. He said there might be another interview, but I didn't hear anything since. I emailed him and asked about the follow-up interview and he said I should hear back in a couple of weeks. I'm super anxious now cuz this week's the week lol

9 hours ago, PsychToEdu said:

I did the interview 2 weeks ago with my POI for about 30 mins. He said there might be another interview, but I didn't hear anything since. I emailed him and asked about the follow-up interview and he said I should hear back in a couple of weeks. I'm super anxious now cuz this week's the week lol

Was this a formal interview invite? I have heard mixed things about USC regarding interviews...I am wondering if they send out a blanket "you will interview" email, or if it's on the professors to reach out. Either way, I'm 99% sure I'm denied. I'm trying to pre-cope but it's hard. USC was my top choice...guess I'll know Friday for sure.

9 hours ago, PsychToEdu said:

Are you on the higher ed concentration?

7 hours ago, OperationPhDforMe said:

Was this a formal interview invite? I have heard mixed things about USC regarding interviews...I am wondering if they send out a blanket "you will interview" email, or if it's on the professors to reach out. Either way, I'm 99% sure I'm denied. I'm trying to pre-cope but it's hard. USC was my top choice...guess I'll know Friday for sure.

It was personal email from professor. Hope all hear good news!