Conference submission - no notification deadline

I applied in early December to an international conference in May. I have not heard back and have no clue as to when I should expect to hear from the organizers considering they did not have a notification deadline. I am wondering if it would be appropriate for me to email the organizers for a notification date? I know it can take months for notification but I need to figure out my budget situation for the semester. 

To clarify, I would only ask for the notification deadline and not whether my proposal was accepted. 

Thank you!!

Can you wait a few weeks? I would give it at least 2 full months since submission. Also, do you know anyone else that has presented at this conference before or can you find any info online? If you absolutely can't find anything, then I would email asking about the deadline. 

I ended up emailing them since there was nothing online and the only other person I knew who applied hadn't heard back either. They told me they hadn't met yet. I definitely think waiting two months makes a lot of sense though and will keep that in mind for the future if this happens again. Thanks for your reply!