Junior Researcher Programme

topsailpsych

Last year I saw a post here for a research training program, the Junior Researcher Programme, and took a chance in applying for it.  This program has been absolutely life changing for me - my research skills have grown incredibly, I've been able to network with professors and researchers some some of the world's top institutions, I'm receiving opportunities to publish and present at conferences left and right, and most of the POIs I'm interviewing with have specifically mentioned this program having caught their attention and wanting to hear more it when I come to interview.  So, I thought I would repay the favor and pass on some information in case others are interested in applying. 

Each research team is led by a Senior Researcher, doctoral-level or early-career researcher, who makes a proposal for a research project based upon that year's theme.  Those selected are then assigned teams of junior researchers who are interested in working on that project and supervise the team through the design, implementation and dissemination processes.  The program officially lasts for 13 months, but many teams choose to continue working together after that.  It's a cool opportunity to have your own research team, but also have support from experienced professional researchers for when you need guidance.  Applications for this year are due January 31, so if you're already in a PhD program (or recently graduated) and this sounds cool to you, I highly recommend you check it out.http://jrp.pscholars.org/getinvolved/research-supervisor/

For the Junior Researchers, you receive incredible training in research including the complexities of multinational research (my team is currently dealing with finding independent translators for translating and back-translation our novel measurement tool - and it never would have occurred to me before this program all the things that goes in to translating these tools), you'll be working with other junior researchers from around the world, and you'll have some really insane opportunities to present at conferences throughout Europe.  Applications for Junior Researchers won't be open until after the Senior Researchers have been selected and they know what projects will be available for you to apply to.  Those applications generally open in late March or early April, but you can find out more info here if you're interests: http://jrp.pscholars.org/getinvolved/students/

If anyone has any questions about the program, feel free to contact me!  If your questions about about the Senior Researcher position and I don't know the answer, I'll pass them on to my team leader for you. 

Edit: because apparently I still think it's 2018... I applied for and began the program last year, not this year.  I need more coffee.

Edited by topsailpsych