University of Maryland MLIS

UMD is driving me crazy! I applied over two months ago with stellar letters of rec, 3.5 UGPA and 3.7 grad GPA, 1370 GRE, and strong personal statement. And.....*crickets*

They sent out an email saying that they would email decisions by the end of March. Um, it's the 25th. There are only 4 business days left in the month. Nothing like keeping us in suspense!

Moreover, there are NO grad assistantships (ANYWHERE on campus) listed on the job website. I find it hard to believe that no departments are hiring GAs right now.

UMD is driving me crazy! I applied over two months ago with stellar letters of rec, 3.5 UGPA and 3.7 grad GPA, 1370 GRE, and strong personal statement. And.....*crickets*

They sent out an email saying that they would email decisions by the end of March. Um, it's the 25th. There are only 4 business days left in the month. Nothing like keeping us in suspense!

Moreover, there are NO grad assistantships (ANYWHERE on campus) listed on the job website. I find it hard to believe that no departments are hiring GAs right now.

See, now if you would have thought ahead like I did and received a rejection letter, you wouldn't have to worry about them...

But I am in a similar boat with Syracuse. I interviewed at the beginning of March and they were supposed to notify us about 2 weeks ago. Nothing so far. Am I in, out, waitlisted? They expect us to commit our future to them by April 15th (less than 3 weeks), but they can not make a decision in 3 months? I am going to write the Director early next week if I don't hear anything.

Reccommendation/Acceptance letter???

I applied to the dual-degree HiLS program. On about February 20th I received a letter from the College of Information. It said that I was being reccommended for the HiLS program and they attached a preliminary response form. It asked for what semester you were admtted and if you're going pt/ft etc. I'm getting technical because I'm confused on whether I was accepted or not now. I'm now getting new student emails now about registering for classes, but Testudo says that my status is still pending. Today I called the history department (the college of info. and history department have to make separate decisions) and she didn't know why I was still pending because the history department already made a decision. I guess it's all up to the graduate school at this point. I'm worried, confused.

Of the schools I applied to I have been least impressed with how UMD has handled the application process. They were uninformative and failed to respond to several e-mails I sent out and phone calls that I made. When I was applying I considered them to be a serious candidate, but the way they handled the admissions process made me lose respect for the program as a whole.

Finally! I received an email letting me know I was admitted this morning. No word on funding. I'm going to defer to next year I think.

Yay! Congrats! Did you apply to the HiLS as well?

My email didn't have any information on funding either.

• 5 weeks later...

Was anyone else offered admission into UMD's MLIS ONLINE program?? Just today! I was offered admission to the online program which quite frankly I didn't even know they offered. I was also awarded full funding to complete the online program, and I am finding that hard to turn down. But I had not intended to do an online mlis degree, especially one I've heard ~nothing~ about.

I was just about to accept an offer at another school when I learned about all of this, so I am naturally very torn.

Can anyone offer any thoughts?