Erasmus Joint Masters degree - GLOCAL

Marzhan02

Hey guys! 

I received an conditional admission offer from an Erasmus program, and now waiting for scholarship results. I am a third country nationals studying in Hungary, so I applied as a Partner country applicant. What are my chances of getting a scholarship?

anyone is in the same boat? 

• 1 month later...

I applied for Glocal also and also got a conditional offer! Well done to you!

The wait for scholarship decisions is a very painful! There's no info on the chances or anything. I think even less of a chance for programme students like me.

hey guys!

definitely on the same boat here. considering contacting glasgow abt more information.

i wonder what percentage of the students in the program are scholarship recipients, and wish there was more clarity on that online. 

good luck!

On 3/6/2019 at 3:43 PM, fumar97 said:

I applied for Glocal also and also got a conditional offer! Well done to you!

The wait for scholarship decisions is a very painful! There's no info on the chances or anything. I think even less of a chance for programme students like me.

hey-isnt the likelihood of receiving the scholarship higher for programme students? there s a 75% clause, no?

On 1/19/2019 at 1:08 AM, Marzhan02 said:

Hey guys! 

I received an conditional admission offer from an Erasmus program, and now waiting for scholarship results. I am a third country nationals studying in Hungary, so I applied as a Partner country applicant. What are my chances of getting a scholarship?

anyone is in the same boat? 

hungary is a programme country, but you havent spent more than a year there yet? 

this is from the glocal site:

"

• Students whose nationality is one of the Erasmus+ Partner countries and who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in a Programme country/countries are considered as Partner country students. The five year reference period for this 12 month rule is calculated backwards from the submission deadline (i.e. the 5 year period from 11 January 2014 to 11 January 2019). Apply as a Partner country applicant.

• Students whose nationality is one of the Erasmus+ Partner countries who do NOT fulfil the Partner country criteria defined above (12 month rule) count as Programme country students and should apply using the Programme country application form.  

• Example: a Serbian student who lived in Germany for 13 months, 3 years before 11 January 2019 should apply as a Programme country student; a Mexican student who has been living in Spain for 11 months at 11 January 2019 (and never before in the 5 year period) should apply as a Partner country student. "

Edited by etetet

22 minutes ago, etetet said:

hey-isnt the likelihood of receiving the scholarship higher for programme students? there s a 75% clause, no?

I think it's the other way around. I saw on twitter than there were 17 scholarship spots for partner countries and only 4 for programme last year. Looking quite bleak tbh 

Just now, fumar97 said:

I think it's the other way around. I saw on twitter than there were 17 scholarship spots for partner countries and only 4 for programme last year. Looking quite bleak tbh 

where did you see that? seems inaccurate based on the stats.

well it kinda makes some sense to me, now. last year they got 600 applications, of which 100 were programme countries. so 4 for a hundred--> 4% for the other 500, there were 17 scholarships, which roughly translates to the same percentage, and is a tiny bit lower (3.4).

anyway, i m sure this analysis doesnt help anything. though i do wonder if people often miscategorize themselves. (and whether that is done intentionally or not)

Edited by etetet

On 3/12/2019 at 2:40 PM, etetet said:

well it kinda makes some sense to me, now. last year they got 600 applications, of which 100 were programme countries. so 4 for a hundred--> 4% for the other 500, there were 17 scholarships, which roughly translates to the same percentage, and is a tiny bit lower (3.4).

anyway, i m sure this analysis doesnt help anything. though i do wonder if people often miscategorize themselves. (and whether that is done intentionally or not)

Yea no matter what you categorise as it's a tough course to get into. People with multiple nationalities maybe miscategorise themselves, I'm a national of both a programme and a partner country but I don't know whats less competitive tbh

On 3/12/2019 at 4:18 PM, fumar97 said:

hey man-numerically, i think it s an advantage to be from a partner country, as 75% of the scholarships are allocated there. (you were fully right on that, and i was wrong)

i do think the person who started this thread miscategorized themselves, which i find interesting. 

i think that the fees are substantially higher than other mundus programs, which probably prevents more self-funded students. i was a US resident, but had spent more than 12 months in greece, so to me it s a white/ black scenario, and i wouldnt feel good w/ myself applying as a partner country. 

i just wish they provided the numbers you found on the twitter page on a yearly basis. :)

i m getting very annoying in the process of waiting, overthinking about it and stuff. ? ocd, a little

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 5:33 PM, etetet said:

hey man-numerically, i think it s an advantage to be from a partner country, as 75% of the scholarships are allocated there. (you were fully right on that, and i was wrong)

i do think the person who started this thread miscategorized themselves, which i find interesting. 

i think that the fees are substantially higher than other mundus programs, which probably prevents more self-funded students. i was a US resident, but had spent more than 12 months in greece, so to me it s a white/ black scenario, and i wouldnt feel good w/ myself applying as a partner country. 

i just wish they provided the numbers you found on the twitter page on a yearly basis. :)

i m getting very annoying in the process of waiting, overthinking about it and stuff. ? ocd, a little

Good job everyone! The selection Process is on going now at Barcelona. We might get a response from them before April 3

On 3/12/2019 at 3:40 PM, etetet said:

This year they got the total of 976 applications and that's the highest so far! 

Just now, etetet said:

yay!!!!

The competition is too high. I hope I can be selected into the main list. Though I have gotten their unconditional offer already. 

Hey!

Anyone heard from them yet? I received a conditional offer for GLOCAL too, and it's been absolutely nerve wracking waiting for the results.

Also, do you know if they'll send a rejection letter? Or are we to assume we haven't been chosen if we don't get a mail by 3rd?

Edited by Prj98