Advice for interview!

Madhattress

Question

Hey everyone! So I’ve got my first interview soon, and it’s for a life science graduate program. I’m interviewing with the admission committee and not a POI. This makes it little tricky as I’m unsure what kind of question would they ask and what I should prepare. It’s a 20 minute Skype call (as I’m an international candidate). It’s my understanding that since it’s with the admissions committee, I don’t have a specific professor whose work I should familiarise myself with (I’ve mentioned 4 POIs in my SOP who’s research interests resonates with my own). If someone has gone through such a process, I would highly appreciate some advice about the interview process and what kind of questions I can expect.

2 answers to this question

Hi, @Madhattress! I like this interview tips' post from XanthusARES on urch forum a lot.  http://www.urch.com/forums/blogs/xanthusares/348-tips-interviews.html 

There is advice for the period before, during and after the interview process and covers both in site and skype grounds. I hope this helps you!

3 hours ago, Haael said:

Hi, @Madhattress! I like this interview tips' post from XanthusARES on urch forum a lot.  http://www.urch.com/forums/blogs/xanthusares/348-tips-interviews.html 

There is advice for the period before, during and after the interview process and covers both in site and skype grounds. I hope this helps you!

Wow! This is really concise and indeed helpful! Thank you for sharing :)