reuse of a tailored LOR

GozieGi

I am applying for a funded program and I have got good letter of recommendation by a faculty member from my university. In the letter, he typically addressed it to a particular program and emphasized on my ability within the field. 

whereas, I have a Conditional offer of admission from another university with one letter of recommendation needed to fulfil the requirements. can I upload the letter meant for another school, and programme or try to get another letter.?

Get another letter. A. It kind of sounds like the program's name is in the letter you have. B. If the school contacts your letter writer and they are not aware you used the letter for something else, they may not be too happy about it. I would just email the letter writer stating you need another letter. It will most likely take them about 2 minutes of their time to adjust anything minor and send a new version.