Are there PT jobs in academia that I can look into?

MickeyJr

I didn't get two MAs in the humanities for the money. I did it because I had the opportunity to spend two years studying things I love, theology and philosophy. I hoped to get a PhD and eventually teach but both of those are looking further off than I originally thought. And even then, the PhD and a full-time teaching job seemed unlikely.

So now I'm working FT in food service and I'd love some PT job - adjunct, online teaching, writing, editing, anything - that would keep me in that world. Really, I just enjoy academics and like to spend time in that world. 

I've applied to community, junior, and online teaching jobs with no results. That's not too surprising, given I don't have a PhD. Are there other teaching or academic-related jobs that I haven't thought of?

Best,

Mick

You can adjunct with a master's. Even adjunct jobs are sometimes competitive, especially if you don't have any experience. You gotta just keep trying. Also, you can try to apply for jobs at university tutoring centers. That may at least get your foot in the door in terms of academic experience.