Telling LOR's I got my first acceptance?

illcounsel

Hey all. I just got my first acceptance to a wonderful program. I would love to share with my LOR writers. However, I am also applying to my undergraduate (the school these LOR's teach at) and I don't want that to have any impact on my admissions process there. Do you think I should just wait until all of my acceptances come out?

Congratulations on your first acceptance! I think you should share your acceptance with current professors. If anything, it would have a positive impact on your admissions process since they know they have competition over a student. The damage would have been done day one when you requested the LOR to begin with. Sharing results just makes those professors feel like their effort paid off. I'd recommend it!

Congrats on your acceptance! literalturtle has a good point in that it might actually help you get accepted at your current school. Graduate schools want students and if they see that someone else already wants you, they'll have to try that much harder to get you on board. Plus, it might just be nice to let the writers know. One of my writers is from a school that I intend on applying to (not my current undergard school) and she wanted me to let her know of any of my acceptances for other schools (granted, that might just be her personality since she is very optimistic and positive). Alternatively, you could wait to tell them and there would still be no harm done.