UCSD Math Phd Specialization in Statistics

stlearn

I got a generous offer from UCSD mathematics department yesterday (I have applied there with specialization in statistics).

As a mathematics undergrad student, i know that UCSD is well renowned in mathematics, but i don't know much about there in the field of statistics. (I have applied only one math phd which is UCSD, and 19 other stat phd programs)

Since, there are no stat professors in my undergrad institution, they also don't know much about it.

How well UCSD renowned in the field of statistics research? 

They're not super well known because it's not a separate department. But they have some really great researchers. If the very theoretical research they're doing appeals to you, I think it'd probably be a good place to attend. Look on the professors' websites and see where their students have ended up.

22 hours ago, bayessays said:

They're not super well known because it's not a separate department. But they have some really great researchers. If the very theoretical research they're doing appeals to you, I think it'd probably be a good place to attend. Look on the professors' websites and see where their students have ended up.

Thank you! I'm quite interested in theoretical research tho.. do you know their names?