UPenn MSW

a.s.

Hello! I received 22k total, so it is still a hefty price to take on with 78k left. If anyone has any tips for getting more, let me know lol

6 hours ago, v.oye said:

Hello! I received 22k total, so it is still a hefty price to take on with 78k left. If anyone has any tips for getting more, let me know lol

It sounds like you are in the two-year program then? If so, I received an equivalent amount for one-year advanced standing. I went through old forums on here and I only saw offers of $2,000 and $4,000 in the past so I don't think there is any wiggle room. However, I know if you get an offer from another school you can send them a copy of the award and they can see about bumping it up. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! I received 12k for a full 2 year program, but just sent in a request to re-evaluate, since the University of Denver offered me 16k for one year. Hoping that Upenn can match that at a minimum. I'm coming from CA so the moving costs alone are going to be hectic, and I'm hoping to get offered work study that we can use to pay for field placement. Best of luck!

On 3/12/2019 at 1:51 AM, Dana Padilla said:

Hi! I received 12k for a full 2 year program, but just sent in a request to re-evaluate, since the University of Denver offered me 16k for one year. Hoping that Upenn can match that at a minimum. I'm coming from CA so the moving costs alone are going to be hectic, and I'm hoping to get offered work study that we can use to pay for field placement. Best of luck!

I hope they can increase your funds! I was concerned they wouldn't increase mine in time so I accepted my original offer. I'm going to move as few things as possible because most things are just easier to repurchase. I think most of us should receive fws based on the cost of tuition alone. Best of luck to you as well!