Noticing a change in my research interests-- what should I do?

historygeek

12 hours ago, gorgogliante said:

Re: early modern Italian history, there is definitely a demand for more globally-oriented research on Venice, Livorno, etc. Plus, I can attest that Italian archives have their, err, quirks... but there are benefits to travelling there! 

I do love the history of early modern Venice! I had an internship doing archival work at Rome's Pontifical Institute for Christian Archeology (Pontifico Istituto di Archelogia Cristiana, in Italian) and the archives were... fun. 

5 hours ago, Karou said:

@historygeekAlso, I'm sure that your professors will be a much bigger help than myself, but I started out as an early modern Italy person (slowly made my way into early modern France, and then colonial North America) so maybe I can offer a few reading suggestions or answer some  questions you may have. I know you're also interested in women's and gender history, and that's what I was doing (in a few words, prostitution in early modern Venice was my thing) and I can certainly dig up my old reading lists/bibliographies if that's something you're interested in. Shoot me a PM if you are! :)

Any old bibliographies or reading lists would be awesome!