Harvard Mid-Career MPA

I've applied and was accepted to Georgetown's SSP but haven't yet heard from Harvard KSG's MC/MPA program. It seems the Kennedy school has released results for most of its programs. Does anyone have any insight into when KSG may let MC/MPA applicants know if they are in?

I have NOT heard from the admissions office. But received an email from HKS Student Financial Services informing that financial aid decisions are expected to be released on May 14, 2010 - with the standard note: "Review of your financial aid status is done independent of the review of your application for admission and therefore receipt of this email should not be construed as suggesting the likelihood of any particular admission decision."

Any thoughts ? Can we infer anything about the timing of a possible admission decision ?

Thanks!!!

I expect we'll hear around the end of next week. I got the same email about financial aid and it seems some admits will have to make a decision to attend (or not) without knowing their financial aid status which won't be released until mid-May.

Thanks, Ronjwil. I had called up the enrollment office. Learned that MCMPA notifications are sent on a rolling basis, and not necessarily in the same order as the applications were received. And some decisions can be made well into May. The wait now has started to bother me. Much as I would love to go to HKS, I have had to put on hold other fall back opportunities and could lose them all if the admission does not come through!!!

But do appreciate there must be good reasons for the admissions committee to drag this out. Hope it works well for us all.

Dear guys,

Anyone know the answer to this one...I need to let Brown know whether I am accepting their offer into its MPA Program by April 15. If I accept Brown's offer on April 15 because I have not yet heard from KSG and KSG subsequently accepts me, does this mean I cannot rescind my Brown acceptance and am committed to Brown?

Thanks guys, and good luck to all of you!

Dear guys,

Anyone know the answer to this one...I need to let Brown know whether I am accepting their offer into its MPA Program by April 15. If I accept Brown's offer on April 15 because I have not yet heard from KSG and KSG subsequently accepts me, does this mean I cannot rescind my Brown acceptance and am committed to Brown?

Thanks guys, and good luck to all of you!

Jorge

While it would be frowned upon to go back on your decision to attend Brown I believe you are in a unique situation. You would lose your deposit too. You need to take care of yourself here though because the situation is one imposed upon you by the colleges. Another avenue you can try is to request an extension from Brown because of your situation. If they balk then accept, pay the deposit and don't sweat it if you get into Harvard.

Sorry this post is a bit disjointed. I'm posting from my phone.

By any chance, anyone knows if the Mason Program has released its results ? That was due on 31st March midnight (admission website notification date - "By April"). The Mason program too is a part of the Mid Career MPA at HKS. I am wondering about the reasons for this inordinately long delay. A flood of applications requiring more processing time ? Or too few applications creating candidate quality issues ?

By any chance, anyone knows if the Mason Program has released its results ? That was due on 31st March midnight (admission website notification date - "By April"). The Mason program too is a part of the Mid Career MPA at HKS. I am wondering about the reasons for this inordinately long delay. A flood of applications requiring more processing time ? Or too few applications creating candidate quality issues ?

Got my admit email on March 12 - I was informed that only a couple or so decisions had gone out till then. Given that 'new admit day' is April 9, I am assuming that at least the first lot of decisions have been communicated by now (but definitely not all). Best of luck. Regards.

Jorge

While it would be frowned upon to go back on your decision to attend Brown I believe you are in a unique situation. You would lose your deposit too. You need to take care of yourself here though because the situation is one imposed upon you by the colleges. Another avenue you can try is to request an extension from Brown because of your situation. If they balk then accept, pay the deposit and don't sweat it if you get into Harvard.

Sorry this post is a bit disjointed. I'm posting from my phone.

Thank you! It's been a source of anxiety for a few days now. I am attending an admitted students day tomorrow at Brown and will ask whether I can be granted an extension. If not, at the end of the day, you're right---I have to do what's best for me. Thanks so much for taking the time to write me. Are you also applying to the MCMPA Program? If so, I wish you the BEST of luck as well! I noted on the forum today that one person who had applied to the program has been rejected. My heart sank. I guess we should hear soon from them...

Edited by Jorge

Hey guys. For those of you who were accepted, have you been able to log into SPARKS and see a "New Admit" tab? My email offering admission says we can log into SPARKS immediately and click the New Admit tab to check out forms and other documents. I have logged in several times but the New Admit tab isn't present. Are others having the same issue? I appreciate your response.

Has anyone else received notification. This wait is ridiculous.

That is my frustration as well. Has been five months since I applied. Maybe will hear something tomorrow; it seems they generally send notifications on Thursdays or Fridays.

Those who are in, any word on financial aid? Any government sponsored candidates here ? I heard they get their decisions earlier than others.