CSUN MSW Interview 2019

kellslo

Hello,

I know there is a thread on this website discussing the questions and process of the MSW interviews, but I am wondering if anyone has experience with the interviews since 2017? What questions were you asked? What was the structure? How long did it take to become admitted or denied to the school after the interview?

CSUN is my #1 choice so I am definitely anxious! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 1:24 AM, kellslo said:

Hello,

I know there is a thread on this website discussing the questions and process of the MSW interviews, but I am wondering if anyone has experience with the interviews since 2017? What questions were you asked? What was the structure? How long did it take to become admitted or denied to the school after the interview?

CSUN is my #1 choice so I am definitely anxious! 

On 2/19/2019 at 4:57 PM, Bfair said:

I applied to CSUN too, have you heard back yet? 

Sorry i don’t know about the interview process though “/ 

Hey @kellslo and @Bfair ! I had my interview last Thursday, 2/28. Because I don't live in Southern California, I had my interview over an online format similar to Skype. It was a group interview, where two faculty interviewed about 7 applicants. It began with casual introductions, and then the faculty asked all applicants individual questions, so all of us got unique questions. Then we were all asked the same question, and each of us had time to answer that question (we all volunteered to speak when we wanted, so they didn't call on you or anything). After that, there was a group activity where we collaborated and decided what the answer ought to be for the given situation. Then, there was a Q&A section--I DEFINITELY recommend you come up with at least one question to ask! I asked a few, and the faculty each said something along the lines of, "That's a great question", "Thank you for asking that", etc. 

That's about it! Don't stress too much--just stay calm, have some good reasons why you're pursuing a master's degree in social work, and feel comfortable talking about your personal and professional experiences. 

I wish you both luck with your interviews!!