Online application and LOR

Neep

My application for WVU is complete, but I have not submitted it yet. There is a section for the references/letter of recommendations. I have given the info for three references. It is all on file with the app. An email is sent to my references and they have 180 to write up the recommendation with the link provided in the email. 

None of my recommendations have started their letter. They are aware I have referenced them though. 

The application is permitting me to submit the application. Does anyone know if I should wait until my references give their response? Or can I go ahead and submit? I am already past the priority deadline so I'm hoping to submit it sooner rather than later, however, I dont want to submit it prematurely either...thoughts?

12 minutes ago, PsyDGrad90 said:

You waiting makes it look like you are the one dragging your feet and  not your letter writers. 

Ohhh that is true!  Never thought of that. Thank you. I am going to go ahead and submit then ?

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to update the forum.

I ended up submitting my application prior to any of my recommendations submitting their required items.
Eventually they did submit. It took about a month before all three were in. 
Then once those were in, the committee needed about two more weeks. (I was told they only review during certain times and the most recent review day had passed since they wouldn't start reviewing until all of the recommendations were in).

I did get accepted, for anyone wondering :) 
I am glad I took the advice here and submitted anyways.