Rejected after interview

A whole Lotta lizards

I had an interview day a few weeks ago at my top choice. At the beginning of the day they told us that we "weren't competing" for admission, meaning that if they hypothetically liked everyone at the interview they would extend an offer to everyone. I thought this was cool, but it also made me a little nervous because if you were rejected it wasn't just a matter of them not having enough spots.

In any case, I enjoyed the day and engaging with my fellow applicants, current students and faculty. I thought the interview itself went really  well, until I got a rejection letter.

This is a professional program so research fit isn't really the focus, and if my application itself was the issue I probably wouldn't have gotten an interview (I could be wrong about that of course, maybe there's something they didn't like in the final review? ). There's some other problem and I don't know what I can do to fix it. I keep going over the day trying to think of what I did wrong.

I just don't know what to do going forward? It's not like I can go out and buy a new personality if that's an issue. I just feel really devastated.

6 minutes ago, brighteyes said:

Can you reach out and request feedback?

I sent an email to the program director, who's been my main contact during the admissions process. They'll be out of the office until next week, so all I can really do is wait and try not to freak out too much.

I'm not sure if contacting the department director or any other faculty is a good idea.

7 hours ago, A whole Lotta lizards said:

I had an interview day a few weeks ago at my top choice. At the beginning of the day they told us that we "weren't competing" for admission, meaning that if they hypothetically liked everyone at the interview they would extend an offer to everyone. I thought this was cool, but it also made me a little nervous because if you were rejected it wasn't just a matter of them not having enough spots.

In any case, I enjoyed the day and engaging with my fellow applicants, current students and faculty. I thought the interview itself went really  well, until I got a rejection letter.

This is a professional program so research fit isn't really the focus, and if my application itself was the issue I probably wouldn't have gotten an interview (I could be wrong about that of course, maybe there's something they didn't like in the final review? ). There's some other problem and I don't know what I can do to fix it. I keep going over the day trying to think of what I did wrong.

I just don't know what to do going forward? It's not like I can go out and buy a new personality if that's an issue. I just feel really devastated.

I have similar situation. I was rejected after the interview. Actually, I had two interviews from the program, which I thought both went very well until I got rejected. it is really a pity since my admission now depends on others. 

I have already wrote to the program director stating my willingness to remain on the waitlist. Do you think it is fine if I write again inquiring for the feedack?