Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 0

Accept MA offer or take fully-funded year abroad?


Tako
 Share

Question

I've been wrestling between whether to take a fully paid year abroad in China (primarily learning history and language) or accepting my offers at University of Washington and UC San Diego. Before I decide, I will (cordially) ask my preferred school if they will either defer admission or allow me to resubmit my application next year. 

 

If I go abroad, I could potentially apply for Fulbright Taiwan, Knight Hennessy Scholars (Stanford), and a variety of other programs I did not receive this year. But I would also potentially lose offers from the two schools I have been admitted to (waiting on funding offers, got around half-funding at Washington before further scholarship applications). 

 

Would someone mind weighing in on this? Thank you. 

Edited by Tako
Link to comment
Share on other sites

0 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.