Take a look at Argument Task Essay?

kmcdon

Technology, while apparently aimed to simplify our lives, only makes our lives more complicated.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Since the turn of the century, technology has been improving the quality of life worldwide. From the invention of the automobile to the invention of the smartphone, modern life has been simplified countless times over by the adaptation of technology. The world is simpler and more convenient due to the rise in technology in our every day lives.

Technology has led to the simplification of several tasks which were previously very labor intensive or time consuming. For example, thanks to technology, one can craft and send a message to another person instantaneously. Previously, one had to sit down to write a letter with paper and pen, purchase stamps, drive to the post office, wait in line, send said letter and then wait a week for the other person to receive it. With the invention of email and text messaging, we are now able to send letters, documents and several other types of media at the click of a button.

Moreover, technology has allowed for the automation of many tasks which were previously time consuming, such as banking and paying bills. Today, we are able to deposit checks into our banking accounts through our cellphones and set up auto-pay for our monthly bills so we never miss a payment. Technology has facilitated money transfers and basic banking tasks which substantially lessens the amount  of time we need to spend on these activities.

Although some may argue that new technologies can be difficult to learn and adapt, once the part of our lives, they save us massive amounts of time and effort. The payoff from adapting new technologies far outweighs the time it takes to learn how to use them. I would be hard pressed to find a company returning to using the postal system for daily correspondence in place of email.

In conclusion, technology has led to countless innovations which have improved our lives tremendously. From spending less time in line at the post office to easily transferring money, we reap the benefits of a simplified technified world on a daily basis.

• 2 weeks later...

Great essay! I would suggest the following: 

Be more concise. Get more to the point. Try not to waist time on fluff. The idea is for your thoughts and arguments to come through strong.

Focus on organizing. When I took the gre I wrote on a paper my three points I wanted to address the I introduced each one in the intro very clearly and concisely. I then explained each point in a very thought out fashion in each paragraph. I then repeated my points in the conclusion. My essay was pretty long and I did not focus on using large words or fluff I focused on organizing and the argument itself. 

For reference I did not practice at all before the gre I took it without looking at any information on how it should be done and I got a 4.5 I know that's not the best score you can get but I'm pretty proud of it for not practicing. If you practice I'm sure you will do amazing. Good luck to you! 

I believe 3/6 is too harsh. I'd give this a 4. I can tell you are a native speaker, and I very rarely have heard of native speakers receiving a 3 or below.

My Advice:

-Try shortening your sentence length. Each sentence should be more to-the-point; doing so would make them more powerful.

-Try to elaborate on why someone would believe technology complicates our lives so that you could better refute that belief.

On 3/29/2019 at 4:21 PM, Zanelol said:

I believe 3/6 is too harsh. I'd give this a 4. I can tell you are a native speaker, and I very rarely have heard of native speakers receiving a 3 or below.

My Advice:

-Try shortening your sentence length. Each sentence should be more to-the-point; doing so would make them more powerful.

-Try to elaborate on why someone would believe technology complicates our lives so that you could better refute that belief.

I agree a 3 is low but I know very smart native speakers who got very low scores so you never know.