Georgia Tech MS HCI (no funding) vs. UMSI (fully funded)

HCIPerson

Got into Georgia Tech MS HCI, my dream school! But no funding. I was basically packing my bags whennnn UMich decides to ping me and notify of a full ride (80K total + stipend).

This may seem like a no-brainer but GT is a great school for the field in a better location. Would love to hear some thoughts. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 10:17 AM, HCIPerson said:

Got into Georgia Tech MS HCI, my dream school! But no funding. I was basically packing my bags whennnn UMich decides to ping me and notify of a full ride (80K total + stipend).

This may seem like a no-brainer but GT is a great school for the field in a better location. Would love to hear some thoughts. 

Hey there! congrats on your admits! I am sorry if I am spamming you considering the fact that I have no response to your post. 

Could you please tell me when did you receive the funding details from UMich, post the admit details? Also would you mind sharing your profile? I recently got admitted to UMich and just curious to know if i stand a chance at getting funded! 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by caffeine_18

Full tuition and a stipend seems like a no brainer to me, especially if you’re looking at $80k+ in loans at GT. To me, it’s just not worth the debt when you can get paid to get a degree from another good school. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I'm applying for HCI in fall 2019
Did you all had a background in design before applying for Master's?? I'm CS major and currently working on my own design portfolio but all this process gives me so much anxiety haha