University of Florida

bandanajack

Hello all! I accepted an offer to UF's sociology PhD program! 

Post here if you want to talk about relocating to UF and anything else we may come across, or just share what program you are going into! 

I'm coming from Pennsylvania so I still need to figure out travel plans let alone what the hell I should prepare for once I am there (like housing. Housing would be good to have lol).

• 4 weeks later...

I also accepted an offer to UF's Sociology Phd program! 

Relocating from GA, but i'll be spending the summer back home in AZ. Luckily I love road trips haha. I lived in the dorms for all 4 years, so I feel like i'm just now realizing that things cost money and that that money will have to come from me lol 

• 4 weeks later...

I accepted an offer to UF's school psychology Phd program. I am moving from Tampa, FL. I traveled to gainesville a few times in the last month to look for places to live. Basically anywhere is close to campus. Like you can drive across town in like 15 or 20 minutes. I was talking to some apartment complexes and they said by the end of May all the affordable/decent apartments are leased out. I decided to lease a place 2 miles from campus. Anything closer to campus is like the same price but with wayyy less space and much older.

Edited by Leighannimal