Waitlist 2019

Earring

Hey,

I wanted to create a space for everyone who was waitlisted from an Audiology program to share their frustrations/anxieties/etc.

I was waitlisted at 3 schools (UGH). What is the likelihood of getting in off a waitlist?! 

Edited by Earring

13 hours ago, Earring said:

Hey,

I wanted to create a space for everyone who was waitlisted from an Audiology program to share their frustrations/anxieties/etc.

I was waitlisted at 3 schools (UGH). What is the likelihood of getting in off a waitlist?! 

When I went through the application process last year I was waitlisted at 2 schools and I got off the waitlist at UC so it’s pretty likely you will get off the waitlist. Not everyone is going to accept their offer anyway, schools send out way more offers than how many people are suppose to be in the cohort.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:43 AM, KGross12 said:

When I went through the application process last year I was waitlisted at 2 schools and I got off the waitlist at UC so it’s pretty likely you will get off the waitlist. Not everyone is going to accept their offer anyway, schools send out way more offers than how many people are suppose to be in the cohort.

Hey! Thanks for your response. I’m trying to stay optimistic, but I was waitlisted from 2 of the 3 schools over a month ago and have not heard anything since. Is it rude/ looked down upon to send an email and inquire about where I stand on the waitlist? In addition, I’ve heard nothing from a school who has sent both acceptances and rejections! I’m assuming I am on an internal waitlist, but it’s already April 1st and I have no idea where I stand! I was one of those “high GPA/ low GRE” applicants, so I am not surprised I was waitlisted from so many schools, but I never anticipated that I wouldn’t get a seat anywhere and I am starting to freak out. 

Hey! I'm waitlisted at UW (Madison) and Ohio State! I sent both of those schools emails asking:

1) If they could disclose where I am on the waitlist

2) How many students are on the waitlist

3) My probability of getting off the waitlist, and

4) If there's anything I could do to improve my status as an applicant.

Where are you waitlisted? Some schools have more turn-over than others!

On 3/28/2019 at 8:29 PM, Earring said:

Hey,

Hey I'm in the exact same position right now and it's all I've been thinking about.

I've been waitlisted at my top program (Towson). In the email, they said that I'm on the top 1/3 of the waitlist, so I really hope that I'll get a spot before the April 15th deadline. I've been tempted to send an email asking them about my likelihood of getting off the waitlist but the director of the program told us to email her after April 12th, which is the Friday before we have to commit to a program. 

I've been checking my email constantly and I'm worried I won't make the cut. 

2 hours ago, Cochlear said:

Hey I'm in the exact same position right now and it's all I've been thinking about.

I've been waitlisted at my top program (Towson). In the email, they said that I'm on the top 1/3 of the waitlist, so I really hope that I'll get a spot before the April 15th deadline. I've been tempted to send an email asking them about my likelihood of getting off the waitlist but the director of the program told us to email her after April 12th, which is the Friday before we have to commit to a program. 

I've been checking my email constantly and I'm worried I won't make the cut. 

Ugh it’s all I’m thinking about too. I’m like a crazy person checking my e-mail every 3 seconds. Of the three schools I’m waitlisted at, Pacific is my 1st choice. I was put onto tier 1 of their waitlist which is good, but I have no idea how many people are in each tier or if the cohort is already full. I really want to e-mail them but I don’t want to be annoying and have that impact me getting off the waitlist.