Thematic Diversion...

Soooooooo, in the final 2 weeks before some of us make big commitments, some of us lose hope, some of us "get it all," and most of us are varying degrees of in-between, I think it's worth a minute or two to come up with a short playlist of the music that epitomizes the rollercoaster of grad admissions...

I'll go first, because watching NCAA is better with music....

1. "Paparazzi" (Lady Gaga) - overplayed but I feel like I'd chase down the dream till it loves me....or one of us dies.

2. "Heart It Races" (Dr. Dog cover of Architecture in Helsinki) - I AM slow to uncover the knots in my laces. Luckily, this time I wasn't TOO slow.

3. "Go West" (Liz Phair) - I'm not going west, but I'm taking a dicey chance....which scares the shit out of me.

4. "Revelate" (The Frames) - I think that speaks for itself.

5. "We Used to Vacation" (Cold War Kids) - I suspect this would be my story if I hadn't forced myself to take a chance.

6. "Engine Driver" (Decemberists) - I guess it's in my bloodline...either way, I have to find out.

7. "Bullet and a Target" (Citizen Cope) - always good for musing.

8. "Go Your Own Way" (Fleetwood Mac) - yep, in the end, I probably will....and then never hear the end of it!

9. "When You Were Young" (The Killers) - I'll always have that hurricane turning.

10. "Sparks Fly" (Widespread Panic)- all time favorite short quote..."while you're trying to think of.. why you never could become.. things you dreamed of... hot night sky we watch sparks fly..." Time to see if I can make sparks fly.

That's me. Not too creative, but real. You?

Soooooooo, in the final 2 weeks before some of us make big commitments, some of us lose hope, some of us "get it all," and most of us are varying degrees of in-between, I think it's worth a minute or two to come up with a short playlist of the music that epitomizes the rollercoaster of grad admissions...

I'll go first, because watching NCAA is better with music....

1. "Paparazzi" (Lady Gaga) - overplayed but I feel like I'd chase down the dream till it loves me....or one of us dies.

2. "Heart It Races" (Dr. Dog cover of Architecture in Helsinki) - I AM slow to uncover the knots in my laces. Luckily, this time I wasn't TOO slow.

3. "Go West" (Liz Phair) - I'm not going west, but I'm taking a dicey chance....which scares the shit out of me.

4. "Revelate" (The Frames) - I think that speaks for itself.

5. "We Used to Vacation" (Cold War Kids) - I suspect this would be my story if I hadn't forced myself to take a chance.

6. "Engine Driver" (Decemberists) - I guess it's in my bloodline...either way, I have to find out.

7. "Bullet and a Target" (Citizen Cope) - always good for musing.

8. "Go Your Own Way" (Fleetwood Mac) - yep, in the end, I probably will....and then never hear the end of it!

9. "When You Were Young" (The Killers) - I'll always have that hurricane turning.

10. "Sparks Fly" (Widespread Panic)- all time favorite short quote..."while you're trying to think of.. why you never could become.. things you dreamed of... hot night sky we watch sparks fly..." Time to see if I can make sparks fly.

That's me. Not too creative, but real. You?

linkin park-- "somewhere i belong." & i LOLed @ paparazzi.