NSERC CGS-M results 2019-2020

Hey! I got an 'Alternate' status at the NSERC CGS-M competition (Dalhousie University). Does anyone know how many applications are put on the alternate list vs the number of declines? I applied with a 3.98 GPA and 2 previous USRAs from different labs. Should I stay hopeful for an offer or move on? Mixed feelings here ?. Thanks!

I found out that my application was ranked 54 on the waitlist. I'm wondering why they didn't reject my application in the first place   :o  Hope it won't hurt my chances to get future funding :( 

Good luck to all! 

Edited by MB1234

1 minute ago, MB1234 said:

I found out that my application was ranked 54 on the waitlist. I'm wondering why they didn't reject my application in the first place   :o  Hope it won't hurt my chances to get future funding :( 

Good luck to all! 

Dont see the relevance. Ive got rejected for the CGSM but I now I accepted for the PGS-D. But my application advisor told me that it is better to get sth (like other scholarship and awards) when you apply for PGS-D.

Just now, cchu said:

Dont see the relevance. Ive got rejected for the CGSM but I now I accepted for the PGS-D. But my application advisor told me that it is better to get sth (like other scholarship and awards) when you apply for PGS-D.

I'm still waiting for the FRQNT results. Hoping for the best ;)