LIU Brooklyn

12 hours ago, slpapplicant19 said:

Hey! This was actually the first school I heard from on 1/28. You should give them a call if you haven’t heard anything the admissions advisor, Katelyn is really nice! 

Ah! Thank you I will! I had applied late January so maybe that's why they haven't gotten back?

1 hour ago, kslp107 said:

Ah! Thank you I will! I had applied late January so maybe that's why they haven't gotten back?

I applied in December so that could definitely be a possibility. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JesseR154 said:

I just got an acceptance. However I am concerned about their probabtion. How is everyone else feeling about it . Does anyone have any info or friends that were in the program?

I go here for undergrad and know the people in the department. They had an accreditation review about two weeks ago and it seems like the probation will be revoked soon as everything went well. If you don't mind, when did you apply to the school and what were your stats like? I have yet to hear back from them as this is my first choice school.

Okay, how do you feel about the undergrad program? What happened to the graduates who were here when they were under review do you know? I have heard that the graduate program isn’t very organized and was wondering why they were under review. I believe it was for praxis passing rates but I’m not entirely sure..

I applied when their deadline was(not sure when that was) and my gpa was 3.8. 

6 minutes ago, JesseR154 said:

Okay, how do you feel about the undergrad program? What happened to the graduates who were here when they were under review do you know? I have heard that the graduate program isn’t very organized and was wondering why they were under review. I believe it was for praxis passing rates but I’m not entirely sure..

I applied when their deadline was(not sure when that was) and my gpa was 3.8. 

The CSD undergrad is pretty small at LIU so a lot of the classes have a hard time running but so far, I was lucky enough to finish all the required courses. I also work at the speech clinic on campus where the grad students see their clients and have been able to speak to them. They all had nothing to say but great things about the grad program. The faculty in the department has changed over the last two years which made a good impact. From my own experience, everyone in the department has always been really helpful and working in the clinic itself made me want to stay at LIU for grad school. The reason why they were put on probation was because of the praxis passing rates but I was told that the accreditation did not get effected. I was told that anyone who graduated during probation was still accredited but again, I'm not so sure how true that is.