When You Never Hear Back

stressedugrad

Listen, I know this is semi-standard for some schools and I should just suck it up. But there are two (highly ranked!) schools that I applied to that have released both acceptances and rejections, yet I have heard nothing. I've already committed to a program I love, so its not that these would've necessarily swayed me. But we put tons of time, energy and MONEY into these applications, and they can't even bother to acknowledge we sent them anything? It's rude and unprofessional, imo. Ugh. Anywho. I'll get over it, but thought it was likely some of you might be feeling the same way. 

I'm in the exact same boat. I absolutely love the school I'm going to be attending but I still haven't heard from two schools. I have this internal conflict of "was my application so bad I'm not even worth a rejection?" and "this school is crap for being disorganized". I spent a lot of time on one of the applications (more than the rest) for one of these schools. I even wrote an additional essay to give the admissions committee a better picture of my background. I've emailed and called both schools multiple times and they've done the equivalent of giving me the bitch button. It's so unbelievably frustrating. 

Edited by crackademik

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve gotten 3 rejection letters from Johns Hopkins if that makes you feel any better. And a rejection from BU where I removed myself from the waitlist over a month ago because I’d accepted another offer ??‍♀️

• 3 weeks later...

We're getting to late May and I still haven't heard back from the U of A's Language, Reading, and Culture program. Maybe I have an unrealistic idea of how popular (or not) this program is, but you'd think they'd at least send out rejections at this point. I already accepted an amazing job so wouldn't be going to school in the fall anyways, but it seems like a bad look for any university. I e-mailed them a month ago and never heard back. It definitely makes me reconsider wanting to apply again in the future.