Hey folks! Couldn't find a thread for 2019 waitlisted candidates for HKS so wanted to start one. Anyone from MPA/ID, MPP, MPA, MC hear back yet? Any ideas on when we'd get the first update given April 16th was the date to reply to decisions.

Hello,

I am on the MC/MPA waitlist. I have not heard anything back yet. In my decision, there was no specific date for a reply of the Admissions’ Committee but rather a range from end-April to May (without specifying when in May). The decision also said that the Admissions’ Committee would have a better idea of my chances for admission sometime in end-March beginning-April.

Which program are you in and what feedback have you received to-date?

Yes, I received the same. The message adds that if I wish to stay on the waitlist I have to send my agreement to do so up to May 9th. The next update would be around mid-to-end May. The message also noted that for MC/MPAs there is a mandatory session starting mid-July so I would also implicitly confirm that I could attend. On this point it’s up to HKS to get my visa in order. If they can organize my visa in one month, I will be there.

MC/MPA 2019-20 Applicant. Still waitlisted

"Greetings from the Harvard Kennedy School Admissions Office. You are receiving this email because you previously accepted a place on the Harvard Kennedy School waiting list. The Admissions Committee reviews projected enrollment information on a consistent basis and at this time we are not in a position to make admission offers to candidates on our waiting list. You may choose to remain on our waiting list, but first I want to share information for you to take into consideration."

• 4 weeks later...

Any news from anyone? I got another email April 26 that they basically extended my waitlist and that I won't qualify for any aid (no prob) and it's free-game until August 26 - then it's a hard denial.

Anyone else do the MPA 2 yr/ MBA concurrent-degree track? Any MPA-specifically folks get any denials or news or any acceptances? I feel like HBS/Wharton have posts everyday about waitlists, yet HKS seems rather quiet.

I applied to the MC/MPA, I was waitlisted, and I received an email saying that I will not be offered admission so - further to all those rejected from the specific program this year - I too “am out”. The way I read the email from Admissions I understood that no additional offers (to those already made) will be extended so I would be surprised if anyone else who has applied to the MC/MPA received different feedback.

Edited by Anonymous_2019

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...