Can someone give me feedback on my GRE Issue Essay prompt?

Prompt: To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

I agree that the most important characteristics of a society come from its major cities. As you study the metropolitan area, there will be an abundance of factors that arise. For one, the city’s culture has a huge impact on the society as a whole. The prevalence of community plays another role. Lastly, society has much to do with the city’s economy.

When we study a city’s culture, we can evaluate the various personalities, languages, and cuisines that are accepted within their society. Finding the most prevalent to the most limited tells us more about the society than we think. Learning how the city functions, for example how the majority of the population commute to the city, can determine a role of the society.

Another way to learn about the society is to determine if there’s a well-built community. Community teaches us how society has progressed, more about the population making up the total society, and how to make it better.

Lastly, the economy is usually built from major cities. How well the economy is doing plays a vital factor on how and why the society is the way it is. Learning the area that generates the most income tells us the future of the society.

However, some societies are influenced by a group of rural areas. If the city doesn’t have a strong community, culture or economy, the outskirts could the be leading factor of one’s society. For example, the state of Georgia’s political standing has much to do with their society. The city of Atlanta has a difference viewpoint from the rest of the rural areas but the rural makes up the majority of the “society” in the state of Georgia.

Furthermore, I would agree that in most places the city is where I’d start to dissect if I wanted to learn more about their society. There will be vast differences between major cities and the rural counterparts but the city is more likely to have fluctuations and progressive changes that shape the society.