Ohio State University 2008

Minnesotan

Any news? I emailed two weeks ago and called the department on Wednesday (they took down my number and said the grad coordinator would return my call). With a December 1 deadline, this wait is now completely ridiculous.

My status online hasn't changed, and I can't get a response from anyone in the department. I'd love to write them off at this point, but it's my last hope. I'm just going to keep crossing my fingers that I'm on a wait list...until they bother to tell me otherwise. Thanks for the feedback :)

Nofia: Quick question for you...did the financial aid office at OSU send you the fellowship form? It seems pretty generic and is probably something they send to all applicants. I was hoping it might be an indication that my application was at least on a wait list, but, at this point, it probably seems like a false hope. Thanks!

Steve: Have you received a response from them yet? I'm trying not to push the department too hard (though I have emailed and called); I don't want to irritate anyone if I am indeed on a wait list!

Thanks - Kate

btw, I just saw your previous post. I grew up in Cleveland and did my undergrad at Miami. I'm living in NY at the moment, but would return to OH in a heartbeat if OSU offered admission :)

Hey Kate,

Glad to see a fellow Clevelander. No, I haven't heard a thing since they confirmed that my application was complete about 4 months ago! I was thinking about calling. You would hope that someone wouldn't be yanked from a waiting list for asking about their status, and I don't think that would actually ever happen, but its just unbelieveable that hundreds of people are waiting on OSU, many of whom have to make decisions by April 15 and need time to consider if they do get in, and they are taking this long to respond! It seems like things get sent out often on Fridays, so I'm hoping that OSU and a couple other schools I am waiting to hear from finally got their shit together; seeing as its almost April already. Then again, yesterday was Good Friday, so most universities were probably closed! :evil:

So, I was told I was ranked 21 on their admit list, and originally I was borderline because they weren't sure if they were going to take 20, 21, or 22 students. I called again, and was told to pursue other offers, then I get an email saying I am an alternate for a FLAS. I call the department back and the lady tells me that I was probably accepted to another program, but not in History. I DIDN'T apply to another program! So I said, why would I be waitlisted for a fellowship if you are telling me I didn't get in? The whole situation is ridiculous. And I have to ask all of you that are waiting..is it worth going to a school that can't get their shit together at the admissions level? I got the same fellowship I am waitlisted for at Ohio at another school..so I am going to Kansas!

dmh26: You make an excellent point. I've already decided that if I don't receive any admission letters this year, OSU will not be on the list when I reapply. I really don't like the way they've treated me (i.e. refused to respond to my inquiries) throughout the application process, and it sounds as thought I'm not alone. With that said, if I, by some chance, actually receive an acceptance letter in the next week or so, I'm not sure I would turn them down. This entire situation is maddening!

By the way, congratulations on Kansas!