Non-matriculated Hunter Social Work

dgadoury

In prep for applying to Hunter's MSW program, I'm considering taking one of the Non-matriculated social work courses they offer.  I understand that can be transferred over into the matriculated program.  Does anyone know if NYU, Columbia would offer the same benefit?  Thanks!

Hey, 

I took 2 non-matriculated classes at Hunter and definitely recommend it! You are correct, they do transfer into the matriculated program, so you will be a little ahead and have less credits to complete. I know NYU offers non-matriculated as well, but I am not sure about Columbia. However, both of these schools are significantly more expensive, so I would recommend that even if your goal is to eventually attend NYU or Columbia, you do the non-matric classes at Hunter. You will save a lot of money and the classes will still transfer to either one of those schools-any  course that is taken at a CSWE accredited school will transfer. Hope this was helpful! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 10:48 AM, bubbleteaadict said:

Hey, 

I took 2 non-matriculated classes at Hunter and definitely recommend it! You are correct, they do transfer into the matriculated program, so you will be a little ahead and have less credits to complete. I know NYU offers non-matriculated as well, but I am not sure about Columbia. However, both of these schools are significantly more expensive, so I would recommend that even if your goal is to eventually attend NYU or Columbia, you do the non-matric classes at Hunter. You will save a lot of money and the classes will still transfer to either one of those schools-any  course that is taken at a CSWE accredited school will transfer. Hope this was helpful! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Would you happen to know if non-matriculated students can take online courses, or is it only in person courses? I am considering doing the same thing as you.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:33 AM, NTN244 said:

Would you happen to know if non-matriculated students can take online courses, or is it only in person courses? I am considering doing the same thing as you.

Hi, 

I don't believe there are online classes for non-matriculated students. In general, most social work classes at Hunter are in person. 

On 6/11/2019 at 10:20 AM, bubbleteaadict said:

Hi, 

I don't believe there are online classes for non-matriculated students. In general, most social work classes at Hunter are in person. 

Thank you! I called them and confirmed it as well. Love your username by the way!