Recommendation letters

In case of journalism, at least one professional recommendation is required. So I've heard that a professional reco that's really detailed goes a long way in winning favours, than a generic one. A former editor has agreed to write that for me but she told me that I have the liberty to decide the content, as in the things that I want to be mentioned, highlighted and made prominent, etc. Now I'm at a loss, I don't have that much of an idea how professional recos are like, and I really want to use this opportunity to my favour. Would you happen to have any suggestions on this? As in are there certain things or qualities that the admission panel looks for specifically?

It may be good to start by sharing your CV/resume with her. Typically they are looking for someone who can attest to your skills, drive, and promise in your field and it often helps if you have unique, relevant experience.