Nature of funding?

arseus

Hey! i got my acceptance almost a month ago carrying with it the amount of my stipend. Since I haven't committed to any profs yet and i'll be rotating the first year, i don't exactly know which category my award fits in. I know its not a TA as the program does not require its students to teach. where do you think the funding for rotating students come from? is it possible to ask the director of the program after a whole month and not sound stupid?

any insights?

The funds either come from the department or equally from each lab you rotate through. My guess is the former. Ask if you really want to know but I don't see why it matters.

Well one prof i wanted to work with said he didn't have funds to support a student this year. I told him i was getting funded and that i'd be rotating in the first year. he was cool with that. it matters if he has to pay for rotations too. i'm kinda confused.

Sounds like you'd really have to talk to someone in the department (perhaps one of the Admin Assts) to get a better understanding of how that department funds students and what limitations are attached.