Take online courses to fulfill grad school prerequisites?

staxdo_21

Hi there, 

I had posted a similar question earlier in the forum but was searching for an answer in regards to online undergrad credit. I am thinking of applying to Masters programs in the next two years. I've already taken a few art history classes as a requirement for my Art History minor and just started taking online courses to bulk up my transcript. However, I live about an hour or so from the city and have only been taking online courses through my art school alma mater. I've felt challenged and really pushed myself in each course, but wonder if these credits will not carry much weight in my application to various art history programs. If so, I do not want to continue taking online courses and will have to figure out an alternative. Any advice is appreciated. 

Just to follow up on my own post. I spoke with an old professor, a friend who works in graduate admissions, and one of the schools I hope to apply to. While my friend thought that it mattered more where you were earning credits, my professor and the school I reached out to confirmed that online courses are weighted differently in the review process. This obviously makes sense for art history courses. I'll post about my new predicament. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...