Funded Masters in Ancient Near East/Assyriology?

Fart_of_War

As the title suggests, I would really appreciate it if anyone can produce a list of partially or fully funded masters programs in the Ancient Near East or Assyriology. It does not have to be American programs but funding is of paramount importance. My focus is on the literature and religions of the ANE and not the archaeology so divinity schools like HDS, YDS, and UChicago are a possible route but still, it would be better to have more options. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Fart_of_War said:

As the title suggests, I would really appreciate it if anyone can produce a list of partially or fully funded masters programs in the Ancient Near East or Assyriology. It does not have to be American programs but funding is of paramount importance. My focus is on the literature and religions of the ANE and not the archaeology so divinity schools like HDS, YDS, and UChicago are a possible route but still, it would be better to have more options. Thanks.

I think UCLA offers some MA funding. Does Berkeley and Johns Hopkins offer resources in this area? I'm pretty sure they do/did at the undergrad level, anyway. If you're an American citizen, funding in the UK and Canada will be virtually impossible.

Honestly, I'd apply to one of the three you listed and make use of their programs. I never took a course at Yale's NEL&C but knew people that did. I loved going over there for talks and events, though. I do know that they offer 0% funding for MA students but they're open to div students coming over and taking courses.

Thanks for your help. At the moment, JHU only offers PhDs in ancient near eastern studies. I will definitely look into UCLA and Berkeley. I am not an American citizen. Nor British/Canadian. In terms of non-American programs, I am also thinking of places like France, Germany, Israel, etc. The Hebrew University offers an MA in Hebrew Bible and the Ancient Near East which is partly funded by the state of Israel. Since for me funding trumps everything else, that could be very appealing. France or Germany is tricky as they have a rather strict requirement on you having a BA in the same subject as the MA. It would be very helpful if anyone who has done some of these non-American programs could chime in and discuss your experiences. Also, it would be great to know if there are other options in America.