Should I retake the GRE? (Political Theory)

pax et caritas

For context, I am a political science/philosophy double major and German minor, and I intend on applying to political theory PhD programs this fall. The ones I’m most interested in are Notre Dame, Duke, Georgetown, U Chicago, Catholic University, and maybe Cambridge or another European university if I’ve got enough money to spare. 

My GRE scores are V: 162 Q: 156 A: 5.5. 

Most of the schools I listed above have slightly higher averages for verbal and quant, so I’m wondering if I should bite the bullet and retake the test. Thing is, I don’t have a lot of money to spend (especially since I’m saving up to pay for application fees), and my score is decent, so I’m wondering whether it’s worth investing the extra time (for studying) and money to take the test again. I won’t be hurting if I take the time and money to take it again, but it wouldn’t be ideal. 

For what it’s worth, the rest of my application should be decent to strong (lengthy list of extracurriculars, good LORs, 3.85 GPA, and -hopefully- a good writing sample).

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Edited by pax et caritas