Harvard Kennedy School - HKS - 2020

ThinkQ8

Hello,

Introduce yourself and Ask a question or reply to someones question about HKS 2020. you can  start by answering: 

Program Applied To: (MPA, MPP,  MPA/ID, MC/MPA , etc.)  
Undergraduate institution:  
Undergraduate GPA:  
Last 60 hours of Undergraduate GPA (if applicable):  
Undergraduate Major:  
GRE Quantitative Score:  
GRE Verbal Score:  
GRE AW Score:  
Years Out of Undergrad (if applicable):  
Years of Work Experience:  
Describe Relevant Work Experience:  
Strength of SOP (be honest, describe the process, etc):  
Strength of LOR's (be honest, describe the process, etc):  
Other:

• 3 months later...

Program applied: MPA-ID

Undergraduate (2004-07): University of Delhi, India (among top academic institutions in India)

Grade: No grades for this course; I underperformed in my undergrad becase of compelling financial constraints- 53% marks in absolute.

Undergrad Major: Economics Honours (entire course was focused on Economics only; we did not study anything else)

Graduation (2010-12): MBA from India's best MBA brand-IIM

GPA- 8.4/10 (Goldmedalist)

Proud recipient of Foreign Fulbright Fellowship

GRE Quant: 169

GRE Verbal: 155

GRE AW- 4.0

TOEFL: 110 (R-29, L-28, W-27, S-26)

Exp: Working with the Reserve Bank of India (Federal bank) for the last 7+ years; Joined as Manager- worked extensively in Financial Inclusion and Development planning. I played an instrumental role in bringing millions of underprivileged Indians in the fold of financial inclusion. I have highlighted this in my 'leadership' essay in HKS application. 

Besides, I also run my venture in reforming school-education in rural pockets of India, since 2015. Donated more than 60% of my salary for this cause and invested about 50000 USD to reform the education. I was invited as TEDx speaker for this initiative. My State Government requested RBI Governor to send me on deputation as Director (Education). During six months under this assignment, I have submitted 50-points reform agenda for the State of Uttar Pradesh which has population of 230 million people and more than 100000 schools.

I also founded a social responsibility club in IIM (MBA days) to fund the education of tribal children.

I have also worked extensively for polio-prevention and bringing vulnerable sex-workers into mainstream society. 

Strengths: Fulbright fellow; Good academic record except undergrad (was state topper during school-days, and goldmedalist in MBA); Good quant score in GRE; Rich diversity in experience; Strong commitment for serving the humanity at large

LOR: Two references from Chief General Managers (respectably senior positions) in RBI and one recommendation from Director of my MBA college.

CV_Saurabh Pratap Singh.pdf

Edited by spnfiim

Based on my profile, I would like to know the chances of getting selected for MPA-ID course at HKS and also the funding support. I already have Fulbright fellowship, but still I am short of about 60-70 K USD. 

As Fulbright requirement, I had to apply for four colleges. My choices are enlisted as under-

1. HKS (MPA/ID)

2. WWS (MPA)

3. SIPA, Columbia (MPA)

4. Ann Arbor, Univ of Michigan (MPP)

Edited by spnfiim

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...