Does a 2nd MSc matter? (unconventional resume)

Daarkness

Question

Hi all

I am a getting a second masters (for reasons that I prefer not to share). This time around my GPA (currently 3.6) is not as good as the first one (3.9-ish). However I am going to have 2 papers accepted and 2 more submitted by December with even more to come before more thesis defense which will probably be some time next July. Anyways, does a 2nd MSc matter? either bad or good.

Also this is my resume and I don't know how to evaluate it since most people don't have 2 MSc, especially not 2 decent ones:

Undergrad GPA: 3.1

MSc1:  (uni rank: 600-ish)

research: CFD and analytical thermal stuff mostly in electrochemical systems

GPA: 3.87 

MSc2: (uni rank: 100-ish)

research: Experimental Microfluidics

GPA: Currently 3.57 will go higher for sure but my semester ends in January so not sure if that matters

TOEFL: 116

GRE: 170 Q, 160 V, 4.0 AW

Publications: 1 journal and 1 conference papers published already (from first MSc), 2 submitted recently and at least 2 more submitted by December (from this MSc) and at the very least 2 more papers to be finished at a later date

Recomm: Pretty sure they are very good

I only want the top 60, am I crazy? 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet