OGS (2020-2021)

BTF

Hey,

I will be applying for OGS and wanted to know if it's alright to resubmit the same proposal from the prior year? I won SSHRC for my first year and plan on completing my thesis on exactly what I wrote about, but I cannot help but think that it isn't right to just resubmit the same proposal.

Looking to see what you guys think.

I've heard of people doing that and think it's allowed (at least if they didn't fund your prior proposal), but personally don't see a benefit. If you didn't get OGS last year, maybe your proposal could use some rework for it to stand out. If you did get funded, how will you convince them to fund you again if you propose that they fund you for the exact same idea?

I was awarded SSHRC for my first of a masters and am applying to OGS for second year. I’ll be working on the same project for both years. Granted, a few things have changed in the initial proposal but I don’t see why I should be writing something different from what the research is. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...