IS THERE HOPE FOR ME ? Grad School after 3 years post grad

KaeBee

Hello All! Looking for some help and maybe a personal account, mostly just a grain of hope. 

I am 3 years post grad as of this May. I graduated with a 3.47 GPA from university with a degree in Human Performance/Sport Medicine and minor in chemistry from a prominent HBCU. My extracurricular activities in college were OK but to be honest I do not have the research or in field work necessary to really advance myself in my degree field. Post-grad I have worked in political organizing and the education/technology space. I am currently working a teaching abroad and am in crisis mode to make these next couple years substantial as far as professional and educational developments. 

As far as program focus I have an interest in public health and international immigration policy. I am open to international affairs, public health, public administration, and policy. Does anyone have experience transitioning from and unrelated major into a grad program with these focuses? Are there any suggested programs to build up research or in-field experience post grad? 

I'm ready to get started but don't know where to start or how far behind I might already be! Your help is MORE than appreciated.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest reading the stickied chance me thread. You will find that a large proportion of applicants are both 3+ years out of undergrad and coming from an unrelated field. The thread is also a trove of advice on several years' worth of applications - assuming, of course, that you are willing to see yourself as not so unique that nobody else's experience could possibly apply to you.