Analytical/Quant Resume?

Hi all,

HKS requires that you submit an analytical resume in addition to the conventional resume/CV. 

And I have some concerns regarding what I should be putting in the analytical resume.

I haven't taken any econ courses in college -- only 1 Calc I class which I got an A on -- and have a pretty good GRE quant score. I was debating taking an online Econ course so I can put it on my quant resume, but I've seen a thread titled "Shoring up quant background" where some of the comments recommended it won't make much of a difference (although the user for that thread had taken an Econ course in college as opposed to my none). 

Before finding out about the analytical resume, I was planning on taking Econ classes in the summer and I do think I would be able to focus more if I take it then, as opposed to this fall when I will already be juggling the application process and a full-time job.

Does anybody have advice whether taking an online Econ course would be beneficial? If not, any recommendations on what skills (other than coursework) can go on the analytical resume?  

Hello Kime,

Having a high score in the quant section is the most important thing.  Economics courses are prerequisites for some classes. My advice is: if you have a strong quant score wait until March after they  admit you then take both of Macroeconomic and microeconomics classes online in summer 2020 before the fall starts.