Accepted for a school, but application says incomplete now

joro

I've been checking all my applications about twice a day. I received an acceptance letter via email last week for one school I applied to. Today, I check the website and it shows that my application is incomplete (missing transcripts). It never stated this until today. It always just listed my LORs and that was pretty much it. I'm not worried about this school in particular, but I find it strange that I've been accepted and my application is now incomplete.

I've been checking all my applications about twice a day. I received an acceptance letter via email last week for one school I applied to. Today, I check the website and it shows that my application is incomplete (missing transcripts). It never stated this until today. It always just listed my LORs and that was pretty much it. I'm not worried about this school in particular, but I find it strange that I've been accepted and my application is now incomplete.

This wouldn't be OSU, would it? They seem to be a bit of a mess. My girlfriend's grad. app. still shows incomplete even though the items have been there.

As for the "Referred" status, I called them today and asked them what it meant. The lady in the grad. school told me that "Referred" means one of two things: you are in or the grad. school needs to do something. Hopefully, you are in the former case.

If you want more on my situation, go here:

Oh no, this one is for Stony Brook. I've had issues with UC Irvine with my GRE scores. I contacted them and they said they have my scores, but the site still says that they haven't received it. :blink:

Edited by joro

Some schools take forever to update their online system, some never get around to doing it. It doesn't mean that your application is incomplete, though schools do occasionally decide to accept applicants before receiving all of their materials. In that case they will usually tell the applicant that admissions is pending them sending X document. You can trust your admissions letter that you were in fact accepted (congrats!) but you should also contact the department just to make sure that the mistake doesn't cause any trouble (it shouldn't, but just in case).